SmartLipo™ is a minimally invasive micro laser lipolysis used for facial and body contouring in the Atlanta area. It uses laser energy to literally melt way unwanted fat almost anywhere in the body. The most common areas are the tummy area, love handles, thighs (saddle bags), and arms. SmartLipo™ is FDA approved for removal of localized unwanted fat that has not responded to good diet and exercise. Laser liposuction is one the best liposuction techniques available in the Atlanta area for body sculpting in both men and women. If you are looking for an experienced liposuction doctor well trained in plastic cosmetic procedures, we are your one stop shop.
What are the advantages of SmartLipo™ with Dr. Okoro?
- More effective laser lipolysis
- Promotes tissue coagulation resulting in tissue tightening
- Less recovery time
- Less swelling
- Less bruising
- Faster return to work
- Customized body contouring with a personal touch
How is SmartLipo™ performed?
SmartLipo™ is an outpatient procedure performed in the office or ambulatory surgery center. During the procedure, laser fiber is introduced through a cannula. The cannula is then inserted in the fat pockets through micro incisions (1 to 2 mm) in the skin. The laser fiber is then moved in a “back and forth” motion. The laser’s aiming beam can be visualized through the skin, allowing Dr. Okoro to identify the treatment area. The laser disrupts the fat cells by heating and shattering the fat cell membrane. The melted fat is then gently removed using micro (small) cannula. The laser also coagulates the blood vessels, resulting in less bleeding, bruising, trauma as well as less down time. The laser energy produces heat and tissue coagulation which promotes tissue tightening. Many people have noticed skin tightening after laser lipolysis. The procedure is safe with minimal side effects.
How about anesthesia?
You have 3 options: We offer Awake (local anesthesia), Sedation, or General Anesthesia. The choice is yours! Dr. Okoro is an expert in performing Smartlipo™ under local anesthesia. As a matter of fact, the majority of the procedures are performed under local anesthesia without being put to sleep. Our patients are provided all the options.
Why come to Dr. Okoro’s practice?
- Dr Okoro is an experienced board certified Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon (Not just a cosmetic surgeon. Did you know that any physician can call him / herself a cosmetic surgeon without any formal training) Click here for more information.
- Dr Okoro is an expert in SmartLipo™ and liposuction (He performs about 10 – 12 liposuction cases per week). Experience matters!
- Our Assurance policy is unbeatable
- We provide cosmetic insurance for peace of mind (CosmetAssure Participating Physician)
- Our Safety profile
- We have no hidden fees
- There is never a sales pressure. You will feel at home and make decision at your pace.
- Your procedure is custom designed for you. One size does not fit all
- Your fee includes all follow up and care
- We will treat you like family
Frequently asked questions about SmartLipo™
Is it cleared by the FDA?
Yes. SmartLipo™ is approved by FDA
Does SmartLipo™ produce lasting results?
Yes! The SmartLipo™ permanently destroys the treated fat cells. Adults do not create new fat cells. If you gains weight, your remaining fat cells simply expand and fat will most likely accumulate in areas where liposuction was not performed.
Who is a good candidate for the procedure?
The best candidates for SmartLipo™ are men and women who:
- are in good health.
- have tried diet and exercise.
- have distinct areas of localized fats.
- have realistic expectations.
- realize that liposuction is not a treatment for obesity
How many treatments are required?
For most patients, typically only one treatment is required. The session may last from 45 minutes to one hour for each area treated.
What areas are treated by SmartLipo™
They following areas can safely undergo SmartLipo™
- Neck / Chin
- Chest / Breast
- Abdomen (Tummy, Stomach area)
- Waist / Love handle
- Bra rolls
- Inner Thigh
- Outer Thigh (Saddle bags)
- Knee, and legs
How about revision liposuction?
If you have had liposuction and need a touch up or revision, SmartLipo™ is an ideal choice for you
I don’t want SmartLipo™ or laser liposuction. What other options are available?
Dr Okoro is an expert in all the different options in liposuction. He is able to present you the best option for your situation. We also offer Tumescent micro cannula liposuction without laser.
For more information about SmartLipo™ or to schedule a confidential consultation, please contact us.