Meet the New Liquid Face Lift
Sculptra Aesthetic is now FDA approved for cosmetic use.
Sculptra is the trade name for the substance Polylactic acid (PLA). PLA is a simple synthesized sugar that once injected into an area, gradually stimulates the production of collagen. It can be used to naturally fill out cheeks, temples and the hollow under your eyes with your own collagen.
Sculptra has been used throughout Europe since 1999 to improve the appearance of aging skin folds, indented chin surfaces, hollowed cheeks, and sunken eyes.
Sculptra was recently introduced in the United States and has been climbing in popularity. Initially approved for facial wasting in people with HIV — the AIDS Virus — this filler has since received approval from the FDA for the treatment of deep nasolabial folds (smile lines) and other facial wrinkles.
The Sculptra filler provides up to 80 percent improvement in the treated areas. It produces results that are fully evident in three to six treatment sessions and lasts up to two years.
Sculptra for a Fuller, Younger-Looking Appearance
- Restores fullness of the face, creating a more natural appearance
- Treats the deepest of wrinkles
- SCULPTRA provides a 3-fold increase in skin thickness
- Statistically significant increases in mean dermal thickness persisted throughout the 2-year study
- Clinically proven safe and well tolerated
- Biodegradable and biocompatible lactic acid polymer
- Synthetic; derived from natural components
- Requires no skin test
- Used internationally since 1999 as New-Fill in an estimated 150,000 patients in more than 30 countries
SCULPTRA is a safe, synthetic, and biocompatible material that is injected below the surface of the skin to correct the effects of fat loss and natural age-related bone loss.. SCULPTRA is an injectable form of poly-L-lactic acid, a biodegradable, biocompatible synthetic polymer from the alpha-hydroxy-acid family that has been widely used for many years in dissolvable stitches, bone screws, and facial implants.
SCULPTRA is injected below the surface of the skin using a very fine needle, in the area of fat loss, providing a gradual increase in skin thickness. After your treatment it may appear that SCULTRA worked immediately because of swelling from the injections and the water used to dilute SCULPTRA. In a few days, the swelling goes down and the water is absorbed by your body. SCULPTRA takes time to gradually correct the depression in your skin. It works by increasing the thickness of the skin and fills in what has been lost. We will see you again in a few weeks to decide if you need more SCULPTRA injections.
Results are gradual, depending on the type of results desired and the severity of the problem. Over time, the appearance is dramatically altered after multiple treatments. Once the desired look is achieved, this semi-permanent treatment lasts up to two years, but could require minor touch-ups.
Sculptra® is mainly used for facial contouring, such as filling out flattened temple areas or sunken cheeks. It is very useful in improving contours and brings the youthful look back. Sculptra is typically administered in a series of treatments separated by at 4 to 6 weeks in order to achieve optimal results.
More Information About Sculptra
- Requires a series of treatments at intervals of a few weeks to a month
- Length of treatments depends on desired results
- Stimulates your skin to produce new collagen
- Is commonly used by patients in their 30′s and 40′s who see signs of fat loss or aging but may not necessarily be ready for an entire face lift.
- View Sculptra Fact Sheet
- Sculptra shows a marked improvement in Wrinkle Assessment Score